Sunday, April 18, 2010

Drab to Fab!

I recently participated in the IIDA's (International Interior Design Association) Texas/Oklahoma Chapter, Fabulous Finds (an annual auction/fundraiser). This year the organizers asked local designers to find something "drab" and transform it into something "fab". These items were included in the silent auction with proceeds going to the IIDA and CASA.

I found my item in my own home! When we bought our house, the previous owner had a 3-piece wood room divider. He used it to separate the kitchen from the dining. When we moved in, we folded it up and put it in the closet, because we wanted the space to be as open as possible. I knew that it could look really cool with a little paint and some creativity. I am happy to say that it has a new home! It is so cool to see items get a makeover and a second chance!


Here are my "before and after" pictures.
Before:
After:
The Front-The Back-
Last month's issue of Elle Decor featured their Top 10 Screens. These screens are so beautiful, they are works of art! Here are just a few that they featured. Click on the first image to see them all!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! You did an awesome job!! I knew it would find a home ;)

    ReplyDelete