Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Blog Envy...

Layla Palmer of "The Lettered Cottage" blog is just so inspiring and creative. You have to check out this post titled "Mission: Barn Art".

Mission: Barn Art (via The Lettered Cottage Blog)
They say there's opportunity in every moment.And when you come across an old barn, housing a rickety old truck- you gotta seize that opportunity, man!


Old Barn and Rickety Old Truck from Layla Palmer on Vimeo.

I'll never forget that day...While the last few minutes of our "adventure" involved prying my husband away from the oh-so-incredible scene, the first few minutes involved some good old-fashioned panic.See, we initially parked waaay far away from the barn, and quickly found ourselves wading through a long ditch, filled with knee-high length grass, just so we could get close enough to shoot it.That's when the good old-fashioned panic kicked in.About halfway between the car and the barn, I started to visualize snakes.And I don't know about you, but once I visualize something scary, it's over.I had to abort "Mission: Barn Art"- and I had to abort it fast.So after a quick glance at my feet to make sure I wasn't already standing on something slithery...(no snakes, whew!)...I whipped around and ran-walked back to the car as fast, but as calmly, as I could.(Ya know- so that the folks in the cars driving past me wouldn't know I was freaking out or anything. I'm kind of a closet panicker.)Anywho, Kevin never looked back.He bravely forged ahead, and was able to get some great shots without incident.That makes him a hero, right?
PS-Have you seen this magnet before?
Well, I was thinking this might be a good one too...

No comments:

Post a Comment